top of page

Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)

If your son or daughter receives an evaluation from their school to determine eligibility for special education services, and you disagree with the results, you have the legal right to request an Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE). This means that you can choose to have a psychologist outside of the school system provide an independent evaluation with your child. The school district is obligated to pay the fee for this evaluation.
You also have the right to request who conducts the independent educational evaluation (IEE). CAPES has several Licensed Psychologists who are also Licensed Specialists in School Psychology. So, we are able to conduct these evaluations that will meet your needs as well as the school’s qualification standards. The psychologists at CAPES are very experienced in how to advocate for parent and student rights and interests and can communicate with schools and parent advocates in an effective manner.

Group of Friends Going on Excursion
Independent Educational Evaluations (IEEs): Services
bottom of page